Reporting to the Managing Director, the role sits in the existing operational function within the business. The successful applicant will be required to manage the delivery of surveying projects on behalf of our clients.
Diligently researching and understanding the client’s needs along with the output specification for each project, you will meticulously manage relationships, resources, and budgets across a small portfolio of EMEA-based projects. You will interface with the business development and technology teams to ensure that our clients receive an exceptional level of service and deliver their required outputs.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Building project plans and programmes in partnership with our clients using project management software applications.
- To ensure high-quality management information is always available via the REAMS’ governance regime.
- Compilation of key project documents such as risk registers, meeting minutes, data dashboards, etc.
- Attainment of key stage deadlines within the project plan.
- Ensures REAMS discharges all its obligations as defined in the project specification and enhances our offering.
- Understand the scope of the project as defined in the project specification and communicate these to the appropriate employees.
- Highlighting and evaluating risks, issues and opportunities.
- Establishing and reviewing performance targets (i.e. KPI’s).
- Undertaking regular meetings with the client.
- Producing informative, quality and timely customer reports as per the project plan and project governance.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve service delivery.
- To effectively identify, manage, and co-ordinate the resources required to meet the needs of the project and the output specification.
- Ongoing monitoring of the project, implementing corrective actions to either improve or put things ‘back on track’.
- Work with the finance team to plan and achieve budgetary targets, taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Ensure client variations are accurately prepared, in a timely manner, presented and finalised with client.
- Ensure the provision of management information to enable accounts to accurately invoice clients.
- Ensure the provision of management information to enable accounts to accurately pay suppliers/ sub-contractors.
- Provide early warnings to senior management team on any commercial or financial risks or opportunities.
Customer Relationship Management:
- You will maintain regular contact with clients to ensure continued satisfaction, identifying potential problems early, giving the necessary management direction and support to resolve such issues.
- You will establish close working relationships with individuals within these organisations.
- Ensures that the way the REAMS portrays itself to its customers, in all forms of communication/interaction is consistent with the Company branding guidelines
- Raises awareness of all employees in terms of how they have an impact, either directly or indirectly with regards to customer care.
- Acts as REAMS’s ‘eyes & ears’ on site, feeding back any relevant customer intelligence.
- Ensures a safe working environment, through the pro-active management of health and safety, complying with all legislative, company and client policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensures the provision of appropriate resources (Training, PPE, Documentation, Equipment etc.) to ensure compliance with the above.
- Ensures their team are competent and carry out risk assessments either written or mentally, depending on the situation, for own and others’ safety, as per Company policies and procedures. Assessing risk and if necessary, putting corrective actions in place.
- Encourages the team to actively identify and report hazards, near misses, and accidents. Where required takes pro-active action to minimise reoccurrence.
- Ensures thorough investigation of all accidents, hazard, and near misses and puts necessary corrective actions in place.
- Make recommendations to the Technical Manager for the improvement of Safety, Health and Environmental working methods.
- Proactively safeguards own and others health, safety and fitness.
We are seeking a self-starter who is an excellent communicator, capable of interacting confidently with colleagues, clients, suppliers, and professional personnel at all levels. The individual must be innovative, flexible, adaptable, and always aiming to learn new skills whilst being able to operate with minimal supervision.
You will be a strategic thinker and problem solver and be able to demonstrate relevant experience of successfully managing projects in a high-pressure environment within time and cost constraints.
- Self-motivated, self-managing; and a strong influencer of clients and colleagues
- Resilient, with exceptional organisation and coordination skills and an acute eye for detail in everything that they do.
- Passionate, driven, determined, professional, and career minded with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You will have recent relevant experience within the built environment, and particularly in the building services engineering or building surveying field. Having worked in the sector for 5+ years you will be able to demonstrate your project management experience and your technical expertise with your recent work history.
You will thoroughly understand and have detailed knowledge in the field of building maintenance, its theories, principals and practices.
Experienced and knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications as well as being IT literate to be able to operate and administer on-line resources such as, SharePoint and other web-based applications.
You must have a strong command of written and oral English and be a strong and clear communicator.
Limited travel throughout the UK and Europe can be expected, and you must have a full and clean UK driving license and access to your own vehicle.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Formal technical qualification and ideally a membership of a relevant industry body.
Ideally but not necessary, health & safety qualifications.
Proficiency in MS Project, Smartsheet or similar, but training can be provided.
Security clearance maybe required to CRB or BPSS level.
This role will be based out of our Bristol office, however we offer work from home, hybrid or office based working routines. We also offer flexible hours, however you can expect to be in Bristol once a week.
We offer a highly competitive package based on experience.